Its that time of year and holidays are upon us too....Yay!. For those of us with small ones, its time to get the kids outside and letting off steam, whilst you (hopefully) get a bit of R&R in the sunshine.
But how many of us have ruined days due to a sunburnt nose, or worse?
Don't forget your suncream! Thankfully Babo Botanicals Sun Protection is back in stock.
Babo Botanicals Sunscreen is now back in stock. Introducing a gorgeous new tinted sunscreen too. Bao is suitable for the entire family.
Here are our important sun tips:
The most important tip, besides applying sunscreen before going out into the sun, is to remember to reapply. It is so easy to think that if you’ve applied sunscreen once, you’re all set for the rest of the day, and that just isn’t the case (as much as we all wish it were!) You should be reapplying sunscreen every two hours, and apply more often after swimming or sweating. In this case, more is almost always better. Read on for some other tips and ways to protect yourself in the summer sun.
- Apply sunscreen 20-30 minutes before going outside, to allow it to sink into your skin and start working to protect the skin
- Use an SPF of 15 or higher, but if you’re out and about in the summer sun for longer periods of time, using SPF 45 or higher is recommended
- Remember that one time when you forgot to put sunscreen on your ears and then they got burnt to a crisp? Yeah, try not to do that again! Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to sensitive areas, like your ears, nose, neck, shoulders, chest, and the tops of your feet, if you’re wearing sandals
- If you’re going swimming, try and look for a water-resistant sunscreen for best effect
- Use sunscreen even if it’s cloudy — harmful UVA and UVB rays can still break through the clouds and harm your skin
- Keep newborns and babies under 6 months old out of the sun.
Further Sun Protection Tips:
During the summer, the sun’s effect is greatest from about 11am to 3pm, so if at all possible, try to limit exposure to the sun during this time. If you have to go out in the sun, make sure to wear sunscreen and/or cover up with clothing and a wide-brimmed hat to protect your face.
The CDC has a list of sun safety tips that are perfect for summer weather. Check it out here. One of the other important factors with sunscreen is the expiration date — sunscreen does, in fact, expire, so it will be less effective if expired.
There are so many sunscreen options on the market that sometimes it can be hard to know what to pick, and what will be best for your skin. Here are some of our favourite Babo products that are perfect for the summer weather.
We love Babo Botanicals SPF 40 Fragrance-Free Daily Sheer Facial Sunscreen is great to use as a daily moisturizer and/or under makeup and is recommended for sensitive skin. It is sheer, lightweight and hypoallergenic and contains organic ingredients that help soothe and moisturize skin. It contains white tea and rosehip, jojoba oil and our very own Nutri-Soothe™ Complex.
Babo's SPF 30 Sheer Zinc Continuous Spray Sunscreen is ideal for sensitive skin and will protect you and your family against damaging UVA rays. It is also sweat and water resistant for 80 minutes. It is lightweight, hypoallergenic and rich in vitamins and antioxidants.
For your lips, we have a few lip products with SPF 15 that are perfect to smooth and soften lips, as well as providing protection from the sun. The Body Deli Sun Stick provides UVA and UVB protection enriched with organic butters and botanicals. As a bonus it can also be used on the face so perfect for popping into your handbag for on the go protection!
For after sun care, Babo offer a soothing aloe gel to rehydrate your skin. The aloe gel has green tea, witch hazel, eucalyptus oil and organic aloe vera juice to refresh and soothe your skin.
Other SPF products we offer include: