The 25 Best Summer Skin (and Hair) Tips... Ever!
The 25 Best Summer Skin (and Hair) Tips...Ever.
Summer is here - yay! Here's our 25 top tips for the best summer skin and hair....ever;
1. Keep skin glowing by eating leafy greens and sweet potatoes; they're high in vitamins A and C which will make your skin looks fabulous
2. Drink lots of water...like loads...aim to get through a 2 litre bottle each day
3. On holiday try an afternoon nap. Skin cells grow and repair while we sleep and our immune system strengthens, while on hols try to catch up on any sleep with a nap at around 2pm (tip always nap in 45 min chunks as this will fit with your bodies natural pace)
4. Always wear a facial moisturiser with an SPF. We love Josh Rosebrook Tinted Nutrient Day Cream with SPF 30.
5. Keep skin in the shade, wear a hat with a wide brim, or we love a visor for the beach
6. Go heavy on the lip protection, the summer can really dry them out. In the morning go over lips gently with your toothbrush to exfoliate, then apply a thick coat of Coola LipLux with SPF, keep it topped up throughout the day
7. Keep a vitamin infused facial mist in the fridge, the Hydrating Accelerator from Josh Rosebrook is fab
8. Make fruit pops
9. Take cool showers, this will keep hair shiny and also close up your pores on your skin to prevent breakouts
10. Use a scarf to tie your hair back, this will protect the hair from breakage and looks fabulous with a kaftan/floaty dress
11. Exercise outside
12. Chlorine mixes with copper in pool water which can tint blonde hair monster shades, apply leave-in conditioner (Yarok Feed Your Ends is great) to wet hair before your laps, the conditioner will help slow the rate of the pool chemicals getting into the hair cuticles. Or rock a swimming cap.
13. Post sun go for a natural after sun such as Aloe-Gel, its super soothing
14. Did you know it's possible to get sunbrun on your eyes? Always wear shades with a UV protection.
15. Keep nails hydrated with an oil post pool, Plant Facial Oils work well on the face and on nails too
16. Cut and orange in half and rub it into your elbows and knees. It helps soften rough patches (and smells lush too)
17. Massage coconut oil into your scalp and then work it through the lengths and ends of your hair. Leave it in for a couple of hours, then wash out with a natural shampoo. Hair will become saturated with natural goodness, and left looking shiny and feeling super soft
18. Get messy beach hair. Before bed spritz hair from mid to ends with Love + Salt. Pop it up in a messy twisted bun. In the morning take down the hair and run your fingers through the lengths to separate out the curls. Fix with Josh Rosebrook Hairspray
19. Keep an eye out for sun spots. It skin starts to darken in one particular area be sure to cover it over with SPF50, plus treat it overnight with an exfoliating night treatment such as Dahliana Overnight Fruit Lift.
20. Try face icing
21. Soften feet and get toes Haviana ready, take a long bath with relaxing bath soak such as Love + Peace and give feet a good once over with a scrub such as SW Basics Scrub, pay extra attention to the heels, bottom of the toes and sides of the feet. Apply a heavy duty body balm to your whole foot, the Indie Lee Hydrating Body Balm is great, pop on some old socks and head to bed. In the morning de sock, and pop on a gorgeous bright coloured nail varnish...you summer feet will be looking fabulous.
22. Drink lot of green juice - check out our recipe for the California Greenie
23. Eat acai bowls for breakfast
24. Fake tan...a lot...layering a light tinted moisturiser such as Chocolate Sun can build up a really lovely looking tan.
25. Enjoy it. Sun's out, time to get out see friends and family and enjoy the fabulous weather.