The gorgeous Melissa Hemsley was seen with the True-Glue eyeliner on Instagram a little over a week ago, and as a result, we sold right out. But it’s now back in stock, and we have added an even fuller collection of True-Glue products too.
We can only guess at why Melissa is a fan; but we would imagine it’s not just because its vegan, cruelty-free and natural. It’s probably also down to the precision application, and it being so long-lasting and smudge proof too.
The perfect Cat, flick or wing eyeliner has forever been highly desirable and makes our eyes look bigger and more striking. Eyeliner defines the eyes and is also defining of many icons and celebrities too. The way we as individuals choose to wear it can say a lot about us. One simple tool, yet so many statements.
Think the all-time glamorous Audrey Hepburn, we all know how beautiful she was. Do you remember seeing the striking Caroline Catz in Doc Martin (she played Martin Clunes wife in the ITV drama)? She looked so wholesome and beautiful and she had the perfect understated flicked eyeliner.
Think big eyeliner flick, think of the stunning Amy Winehouse style, but, hey... Cleopatra certainly appears to have been the real trendsetter. Either way, the technique is simple and the look is divine. Whichever way you choose, it’s a style, a statement and its defining, and thankfully it’s here to stay. Youtube is filled with wonderful tutorials, and we think that playing with styles is half the fun. The way you wear it can be unique to you, your style, your statement.
Our favourite eyeliner tips for the perfect application:
- Position yourself, keeping your mirror low enough that you can look down into it.
- Rest your elbow on something solid whilst applying, this helps create a stable line and offers you greater control (yes, we know, you may now be balanced with your elbow on the wall, or you are kneeling on the floor. But needs must!)
- Try the dot to dot method. Use the angle of your lower lash line as a guide for your flick. By placing a dot at the outer corner of each eye before using your liquid liner to make sure the sides match up.
- Hold the outer edge of your eye taut and apply the liner from inner corner straight to outer corner, matching up the dots.
- Always properly cleanse at the end of each day.
- Take care of the eye area, hydrated healthy skin holds makeup better.
We are fans of Occulus from Josh Rosebrook.
In case it isn’t obvious, here at ABW are absolutely massive fans of eyeliner, but it simply must be natural and it ideally should be vegan, for us to even contemplate putting it on our faces. So, the oh so natural and 72% organic True-Glue Clingy Eyeliner is our favourite. (and yes, it’s called Clingy for a reason. When its’ on, it’s on for the day, until you remove it) And we are thrilled it’s the oh so beautiful Melissa Hemsley choice right now too! Thanks for the shout out Melissa!